Wednesday, 1 July 2015

8-11 June

Monday- in ballet this morning we ran the piece a few times to make sure it was clear in our heads this was helpful as we also clarified legs and arm lines, where I found I was doing it slightly wrong as did others. In drama we went over our lines quickly in our own groups while Anna worked with another group. When it was our turn to perform to Anna we all went wrong at some point, so Anna stopped us, sat us down, and pretty much told us off for not knowing our lines clearly enough when before we went to her we were remembering fine, this means I need to work on remembering my lines under pressure as I don't want to forget them on stage. In mt, we spent half the lesson going over the dance until Kelly was happy with our performance, she said that we should lip sing some of the words which will enhance the overall performance of the piece, this also gives us something to do with our face. I found this quite hard at the beginning but after we done it a few times it was fine and I didn't mind if I was making a fool of myself. We then spent the second half of the lesson going over the fan dance for the finale. Whilst we were doing this I realised I needed to control my breath in order for me to sing at the same time as dance. I also needed to keep my balance as we are dancing in heels and using stalls, which at first I found a bit difficult but the more I do it the better it becomes. I'm also beginning to find it easier using the fans and making sure I have them the rights around, still not got it perfected do will need a lot more practise. After lunch we had time to practise our solos, I managed to roughly finish mine today and now just need to fill in the gaps. Then we went over our tap piece a few times making sure we were all clear on what we were doing. We then went downstairs so each group could show their tap pieces. We as a group decided not to do the knee slides and knee drop for safety reasons as we didn't have our knee pads on and didn't want to cause ourself an injury when we are so code to the show.

Tuesday- today we mainly had studio time where we were able to finish or work on any pieces we wanted to. I started working on bad with muddy and imogen, I really like this dance as we are able to do really challenging things and because its high energy it s better to dance. I felt like I had a fair        amount of input today, I kept putting my ideas forward whether or not we used them. I fell I work really well with these girls and we all feed of each others energy. I then went into the studio with tj and tierney who had been working on our contemporary trio, they showed me what that had choreographed and then I helped them with what they were stuck on. I really like this trio but it does worry me as we are not nearly finished, and it's not something that we can quickly make up and all remember as some of us take a while to remember and perfect the choreography. I then had time to go over my solo, and work on trying to fill al the gaps, but then realised we needed to finish my jazz trio with tierney and amber. We got really stuck at one point and because me and amber are doing something different to tierney she was struggling on what to do therefore we were struggling on what to do with dance. We explained to tierney that she needs to do stuff that shows her off to the best of her ability and we can't choreograph for her. In the end we got Mary to come and help us and she gave us ideas for some lifts, she also helped tierney other parts that she was stuck on, we managed to finish this piece today, and at the end we have decided to get the lights to fade so the audience doesn't know what happens to tierney and it leaves them wondering, well that's what we were aiming for.

Wednesday- today we ran through some of our dances(contemporary, solo, drama, street, mt) this was helpful as it gave us the opportunity to go over our dances and get dome feedback. From doing this we realised how much work we have to do on our street and contemporary pieces. We then had a singing lesson with Claire where she spent most of the lesson with Zak working on his part of the song and for the last bit of the lesson we went up and learnt our lines for the song, this is starting to sound quite good and I'm excited for it to all come together. This afternoon we had emile where we mainly focused on street, where we learnt more the the choreo. We were also able to hear the cut music and spent the lesson fitting it all together. I now feel a lot more confidant with the choreography and confidant that we will finish it in time.

Thursday-today we combined both modern groups together and we could finally see what it looks like. Now that we were all together Kerry was able to clean the dance, so she went over the beginning for us and then she added on to the end, we were all able to pick up the ending quite quickly and I think we could get the dance looking quite slick for the show. We then had a bit of studio time to go over our pieces. In the afternoon, we were hopefully going to finish contemporary and street but because we spent majority of the time on street there was no way we would finish both. However, we got majority of street done now all we need to do is add the beginning section and end section in which emile says isn't really hard choreography it's more walking and clicking. We spent the last 10 minutes going over contemporary to make sure all the choreo was in our heads. It's was helpful as it gave me a chance to remember things which I had forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment