Sunday, 7 June 2015

1-4th June


Monday- on ballet went over the dance starting to clean little bits. In drama me shannon  went through stage directions for tierney to know, than ran through it doing all the stage directions. We then read through the script on its own and then tried doing it without looking at the words! From this I realise that I need to learn the cues for my lines. In musical theatre we finished off the piece, the last bit is a bit fast so will need to be practised but I really like it. We also then has studio time where I was able to cut my music with Mary and then add more onto my solo! I'm over half way through so should be able to finish by the end of the week. Me maddy and Amber showed each other our dances to get feedback and improvements. Also in tap we finished our piece and now it needs cleaning and for me a lot of practise! 

Tuesday- today we had studio time for an hour to rehearse bits of our pieces and then we had to show everything we have been working on to get some feedback! This was so helpful as it made us realise what we need to work on and how to improve our dances and especially for me my performance! Now aswell as wolfing on my choreography I need to start thinking about my performance. Our jazz trio was the one I found needed the most work! We then had commercial, were we went over our piece for the show going over things and making it clear for people that wasn't there last week, this was really useful for me as it cleared up any queries I had. We also ran through our musical theatre piece! For the rest of the day we had studio time, where me Amber and tierney spent the first 45mins finishing our piece, Mary came up and gave us ideas and this really helped a lot now all we need to do is tidy up a few bits and clean it all.we managed to finish this piece!  For the last 45mins me tj and tierney had our contemporary trio where we taught tierney the stuff she missed and added on a little bit.

Wednesday- this morning we didn't have ballet instead we had time to go over all of our group pieces with her! We started with the MT. Piece and got that clean by going through the dance step by step! We then went over re commercial and taught tj and imogen the bits they missed last week! This was also helpful for me as it clarified the bits of the dance I was confused about. We then had a bit of studio time where we went over bad and the girls taught me the section they added on yesterday. We then had 20mins of singing where we started learning the piece for the show, which I love. In the afternoon we had street, in this lesson we went over all the choreography so it's clear in our heads. Which was very useful so when it come to blocking the routine next week it is easier for us.

Thursday- this morning we started working on the singing piece. In this dance we will be dancing in heel and with fans. So before we started putting it all together, kelly taught us different things we could do and what way to hold the fan properly. I found the fan work really difficult at the start as I was getting confused about which way round I had to hold it.
In contemporary we went over what we did before half term, this took a bit of time as we had to adjust the timing for some peoples parts! This gave me a chance to go over my part thoroughly which made it easier meaning we could move on quicker. We then added on to the dance including a small lift with me imogen tj and Amber. Then me and Zak had to try out some more impressive lifts which could be used within the piece. I was really nervous about doing this with emile but by the end of it I became more confidant but they will need a lot of work if they are to be put into the dance. Which me and Zak can do during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment