Wednesday, 1 July 2015

22-26 June

Monday- this morning we had studio time where we were able to run things, me and tierney decided to run through our lines for drama because we have our assessment today, but because shannon was ill we had to get tj to read her lines. I thought it went quite well but it was quite difficult as the way the script went was different to how it normally does with shannon so we had to quickly adapt. But frothe feedback I got, I realise that when I say my lines they need to be clearer and I need to slow them down otherwise they are lost and the humour of the script is lost too, so w need to emphasise the funny bits if the script. We then had time to clean our group pieces. Webwentbiver commercial a few times but realised it was pointless as shannon and amber weren't there so we would have to go over it again. We then had some studio time where we were able to finish our pieces. Me maddy and imogen finally finished bad. It took quite a few trials and we would come up with ideas that didn't work. We started with an idea to finish how we started but that became difficult so I suggested we change it and maddy came up with the end pose. This made it easier as we could just go with the flow of choreography which made it look better and feel better to dance. After that we went over our contemporary trio to clarify movements for tierney. We got maddy and imogen to watch it and point out anything we done differently so we could correct it and make it look as clean as possible theyvwerevwuite harsh but we took it all on board as we knew it would benefit the dance.

Tuesday- this morning we done the tap recording. It took us three goes to get it right as some times we added extra beats or done the wrong moves and in one of them we all forgot the same piece. Mary said if we didn't know something or couldn't do it properly to stop soon some bits of the dance I stopped and Kelly tapped it for me. We then had time to do some cleaning of our pieces, we all performed our dances and then got feedback from Mary and Kelly this was really useful as they identified things that we didn't pick up on.nin the afternoon we done a stamina run through, which would've been very useful, however when we were doing our contemporary piece me and amber collided heads causing us to not feel well so had to sit out for majority of it as felt very unwell.

Wednesday- this morning we got feedback from yesterday's run through, I didn't get much feedback as didn't do many of my numbers. But the main point of feedback was my performance again. I really need up my game for the dress runs. When then done a full costume dress run which was useful as it gave us an idea of what we needed and whether we were missing anything, it also gave us a good idea of how long we had in our quick changes and whether we could do it or if there needed to be any changes made. We then spent the next hour working on the fan dance with Claire as she wanted to adjust the harmony to go up higher as shebsaidnit sounded better, so we worked to out with the movement. After this rehersal I felt more confidant with the piece and with the harmony at the end. In the afternoon we finished contemporary with emile, which was another thing we didn't have to stress about, all emile needs tomorrow is clean it and give me some fillers as there is music which I'm not doing anything but he said that its not any strenuous choreography so not to worry, but I was still worried anyway as this was the only piece that isn't fully finished but it is in a better place than it was before. I really like the piece.

Thursday- today we got feedback from yesterday's dress run, Mary and Kelly also gave us ideas to help us with our quick changes for example, Mary said to put my shorts under my black tights to make it easier. We then done another dress run which for me went better than yesterday, I began to enjoy myself while dancing it even though I was so tired. After the run through we got feedback, majority of it was positive however me tj and tierney got kept behind and the end and the trio was turned into a duet with me and tj because tierney didn't look like she knew what she was doing and apparently letting the dance down. This created more pressure on me and tj as we had to change our dance from a trio into duet. We got and hour to do this before emile came, luckily we managed to do it but it took us a while as we found it difficult to adjust. When emile came in we cleaned street and fully finished contemporary for me. I now feel a lot more confidant with these pieces which is good because now I can work on my performance.

Friday- once we got into college we had to organise a finale piece. We decided to do it to bills as we all agreed it was a feel good song and a good way to end. Once we had done issues we went over any dances we needed to so me and tj used the time to go over our new duet.
Once we got to convert on we began to set our costumes for the show, setting quick changes in the wings ready. Once we had done this we began to do a lighting and tech run. As we were doing this I found my balance was off and I kept falling out of my turns and keg catches which was worrying me as we only had a few hours till the show. When we were doing the tech run I realised that in our jazz trio 'haunted' they didn't fade the lights at the end ski spoke tithe girls before the show and said if they don't fade that tierney should run off in fear and we should go chasing after her, so we keep the element of uncertainty of what happens to her. Overall I thought the show went really well. However in our drama piece shannon forgot her line meaning that we all had to quickly improvise, I thought we all managed to do this successfully and didn't crack on the stage, so I was proud of myself for that. My favourite piece to dance was probably the contemporary piece at the beginning as I felt it just went really well and I didn't fall out of my leg catches or anything which I was so pleased about. If I could do it again I would make sure i covered the lines in drama better and would've gone over them before the show. But overall I really enjoyed myself and felt I gave a good performance.



No comments:

Post a Comment