Went into groups went over scripts and started to talk about props and how to stage it. We realised we had a lot of props so started to make a list.on tap we added more onto the dance I managed to pick quite. Bit up today but still need to work on some of the steps
Tuesday-had studio time instead of ballet! We all started working on our solos. As I started to work on my solo I found it difficult to dance to my song so started looking for others but really struggled to find anything else. We then had commercial where we went over what we did the week before and added on! We then had studio time where I finally found a better song for my solo..it's a remix of the circle of life! We then had our jazz trio rehearsal where we added on quite a bit. We now have quite a big chunk of our dance done, we now need to work on the character side and linking all our dance bits together.
Wednesday- today we learnt 2 sections of our street piece! They were both really fast so had to keep going over the choreo to really get it in our heads so we didn't have to think about what's coming next because of the speed. I really liked doing these dances even though they were hard as when I got it right it felt even better.
Thursday- in modern we added a little bit on to our section of the dance! Kerry wanted a jump after the turns and we all tried thinking of a jump the would fit with music and the choreo. In contemporary we started a new piece for the show.which is about a witch(me) who tries to bring princesses into her dark world! I absolutely love the dance but at the start found it quite difficult to grasp the timing! For next week I need to practise the turn sequence I have to do as it is quite hard and my weight needs to be in the correct place.
No comments:
Post a Comment